................................

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

love story


Love Story


We were both young, when I first saw you.I close my eyes and the flashback starts-I’m standing there, on a balcony in summer air.
I see the lights; see the party, the ball gowns.I see you make your way through the crowd-You say hello, little did I know…


That you were Romeo, you were throwing pebbles-And my daddy said “stay away from Juliet” And I was crying on the staircase-begging you please don’t go…And I said…


Romeo take me somewhere, we can be alone.I’ll be waiting; all there’s left to do is run.You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess,It’s a love story, baby, just say yes.
So I sneak out to the garden to see you.We keep quiet, because we’re dead if they knew-So close your eyes… escape this town for a little while.Oh, Oh.


Cause you were Romeo – I was a scarlet letter,And my daddy said “stay away from Juliet” -but you were everything to me-I was begging you, please don’t go-And I said…


Romeo take me somewhere, we can be alone.I’ll be waiting; all there’s left to do is run.You’ll be the prince and I’ll be the princess.It’s a love story, baby, just say yes-
Romeo save me, they’re trying to tell me how to feel.This love is difficult, but it’s real.Don’t be afraid, we’ll make it out of this mess.It’s a love story, baby, just say yes.Oh, Oh.


I got tired of waiting.Wondering if you were ever coming around.My faith in you was fading-When I met you on the outskirts of town.And I said…


Romeo save me, I’ve been feeling so alone.I keep waiting, for you but you never come.Is this in my head, I don’t know what to think-He knelt to the ground and pulled out a ring and said…
Marry me Juliet, you’ll never have to be alone.I love you, and that’s all I really know.I talked to your dad — go pick out a white dressIt’s a love story, baby just say… yes.Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh.


We were both young when I first saw you.

No comments: